A Gas Safe registered engineer has been checked to make sure they are competent and qualified to work safely and legally with gas. All Hunt Heating engineers are Gas Safe registered engineers.
Gas Safe Register replaced the CORGI gas register in Great Britain and the Isle of Man on 1 April 2009
- There is only one gas safety register that you need to use. Look for the yellow Gas Safe Register triangle not the orange CORGI registration badge. Anyone carrying out work on gas must be registered with Gas Safe Register. If not, they are breaking the law and putting you and your family at risk.
- Only a Gas Safe registered engineer is legally allowed to install gas appliances, boilers, hobs, ovens or fires in your home or workplace. You must only use a Gas Safe registered engineer for any type of gas work, including installation, maintenance and servicing.
- Gas Safe Register exists to protect you, your family, and your property from dangerous gas work. Incorrectly fitted, badly repaired or poorly maintained gas appliances are a major cause of lethal carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning, and can also lead to gas leaks and explosions.
- To carry out work on gas installations and appliances safely and legally, engineers in Great Britain and the Isle of Man must be on the Gas Safe Register. We make sure the 120,000 engineers on the register are safe by inspecting the gas work they have carried out.
- Gas Safe Register is run by Capita Gas Registration and Ancillary Services Limited, a division of Capita Group Plc. Gas Safe Register is the official gas registration body for Great Britain (GB) and Isle of Man, appointed by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) for Great Britain and HSWI for Isle of Man.
- Gas Safe Register replaced CORGI as the gas registration body in GB on 1 April 2009. The HSE carried out a review of gas safety in 2006 which, after consultation with the gas industry, engineers and the public, led to the decision to change to a new gas registration scheme. The contract to run the new scheme was awarded to Capita and we launched Gas Safe Register. The sole focus of the register is on improving gas safety.
(Information taken from the GAS SAFE website – www.gassaferegister.co.uk